General Finishes Water Based Stains have superior qualities over oil-based stains. Their high-quality pigments produce rich, dark, uniform colors on hard-to-stain woods like maple and pine. Low odor, low VOC, water cleanup, and noncombustible.
Benefits of water based wood stains:
– Dry quickly.
– Keep its color for a longer period of time.
– Provides a richer hue of color.
– No harmful odor or fumes, not flammable.
– Breathable stain.
– Easier cleanup (only requires soap and water)
– Extremely mildew and mold resistant.
Base Type: Water Interior or Exterior: Interior only Type: Water Based Stain
Application: Coats: 1+ coats Application Method: Brush, Roll, Spray, Pad Brushable: Yes Usable over existing finishes: Yes Sprayable: Yes Spray Tip Sizes: HVLP 1.1mm-1.3mm Topcoat Required: Yes
DRY TIME Dry Time – Touch: Raw Wood (30+ min.), Existing Finish (1+ hr) Dry Time – Recoat: 2+ hr Dry Time – Recoat: Applied Over Oil Based Product 24hr